- 1 This chapter does not cover forage products of heading 1214.
- 2 In headings 0709 to 0712 the word 'vegetables' includes edible mushrooms, truffles, olives, capers, marrows, pumpkins, aubergines, sweet-corn (Zea mays var. saccharata), fruits of the genus Capsicum or of the genus Pimenta, fennel, parsley, chervil, tarragon, cress and sweet marjoram (Marjorana hortensis or Origanum majorana).
- 3 Heading 0712 covers all dried vegetables of the kinds falling in headings 0701 to 0711, other than: (a) dried leguminous vegetables, shelled (heading 0713); (b) sweet-corn in the forms specified in headings 1102 to 1104; (c) flour, meal, powder, flakes, granules and pellets of potatoes (heading 1105); (d) flour, meal and powder of dried leguminous vegetables of heading 0713 (heading 1106).
- 4 However, dried or crushed or ground fruits of the genus Capsicum or of the genus Pimenta are excluded from this chapter (heading 0904). ## Additional chapter notes ##
- 1 Seed potatoes shall be classified in subheading 0701 10 00 provided that the goods comply with The Seed Potatoes Regulations 1991.
- 2 Sweetcorn hybrids shall be classified in subheading 0712 90 11 as for sowing provided that:
- \- the goods comply with the Cereal Seeds Regulation 1974 or
- \- it is established that the goods are actually intended for sowing.
- 3 Sweet potatoes shall be deemed to be for human consumption within the meaning of code 0714 20 10 if they are fresh, whole and put up in immediate packings at the time of release for free circulation.
- 1 In this section the term 'pellets' means products which have been agglomerated either directly by compression or by the addition of a binder in a proportion not exceeding 3% by weight.