- 1 This chapter does not cover separate chemically defined compounds other than those described in Note 2(a) or (b) below.
- 2 The expression 'articles of combustible materials' in heading 3606 applies only to:
- (a) metaldehyde, hexamethylenetetramine and similar substances, put up in forms (for example, tablets, sticks or similar forms) for use as fuels; fuels with a basis of alcohol, and similar prepared fuels, in solid or semi-solid form;
- (b) liquid or liquefied-gas fuels in containers of a kind used for filling or refilling cigarette or similar lighters and of a capacity not exceeding 300 cm3; and
- (c) resin torches, firelighters and the like.
- 1 (A) Goods (other than radioactive ores) answering to a description in heading 2844 or 2845 are to be classified in those headings and in no other heading of the classification.
- (B) Subject to paragraph (A) above, goods answering to a description in heading 2843, 2846 or 2852 are to be classified in those headings and in no other heading of this section.
- 2 Subject to Note 1 above, goods classifiable in heading 3004, 3005, 3006, 3212, 3303, 3304, 3305, 3306, 3307, 3506, 3707 or 3808 by reason of being put up in measured doses or for retail sale are to be classified in those headings and in no other heading of the classification.
- 3 Goods put up in sets consisting of two or more separate constituents, some or all of which fall in this section and are intended to be mixed together to obtain a product of Section VI or VII, are to be classified in the heading appropriate to that product, provided that the constituents are:
- (a) having regard to the manner in which they are put up, clearly identifiable as being intended to be used together without first being repacked;
- (b) presented together; and
- (c) identifiable, whether by their nature or by the relative proportion in which they are present, as being complementary one to another.