- 1 This chapter does not cover:
- (a) parts of general use, as defined in note 2 to Section XV, of base metal (Section XV), or similar goods of plastics (Chapter 39);
- (b) microphones, amplifiers, loud speakers, headphones, switches, stroboscopes and other accessory instruments, apparatus or equipment of Chapter 85 or 90, for use with but not incorporated in or housed in the same cabinet as instruments of this chapter;
- (c) toy instruments and apparatus (heading 9503);
- (d) brushes for cleaning musical instruments (heading 9603), or monopods, bipods, tripods and similar articles (heading 9620); or
- (e) collectors' pieces or antiques (heading 9705 or 9706).
- 2 Bows and sticks and similar devices used in playing the musical instruments of headings 9202 or 9206 presented with such instruments in numbers normal thereto and clearly intended for use therewith, are to be classified in the same heading as the relative instruments.
- Cards, discs and rolls of heading 9209 presented with an instrument are to be treated as separate articles and not as forming a part of such instrument.